BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
Is there a way we can sort a listing in WRS on a Hidden Column(Which has the Desired order)?? I have to retain a specific order of values in the report (not in alphabetical order) and I cannot find a way to do that.

Thank You.
5 REPLIES 5
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Have you tried not sorting the vars in the information map/WRS and use the dataset order.... if only a listing...

Barry
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
I have unchecked the Sort property option on the Data Item from the Information map, ordered my data in the original data as per my requirement.

However when displayed in the WRS the items are listed alphabetically, I guess that is a default behavior of the WRS.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
RSB

What version are you using?

Also Is it a straight table listing or does the table/report perform some summarisation?

Barry
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Barry,

Version of WRS : 4.2 M2

It is a straight listing without any summarization.
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Just ran across this Knowledge Base entry:
http://support.sas.com/kb/33/017.html

Could be helpful for custom sorting.

~ Angela
http://sas-bi.blogspot.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation