BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MrE
SAS Employee MrE
SAS Employee
I created Pie graph in WRS. I use 'balance_amt' for Bar Height, 'Customer Class' for Bars and 'month' for Horizontal Matrix.

Each pie does not have the same size. I have set fixed size at graph properties but it still does not work.

Could you please suggest how to do.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
julierd
SAS Employee
It sound like you are saying that each graph in a series is not the same size; correct? This is an interesting problem that I haven't seen before. I'm unclear from your message if you are creating a series of pie charts or a series of bar charts. Can you clarify?
MrE
SAS Employee MrE
SAS Employee
Correct. I found that each pie graph in a series is not the same size !
and sorry for my mistake, I use 'balance_amt' for Segment Size, 'Customer Class' for Segment and 'month' for Horizontal Matrix.
In addition, I use WRS 3.1.

How can i solve it. Please suggest. Thanks
julierd
SAS Employee
This is what I learned:

The Fixed Size in the graph properties only specifies what the size of the entire graph object on screen will occupy in pixels. It has no bearings on the individual size of pies in a graph matrix (when multiple pies are being shown).

The only way that the pies can be made the same size in a graph matrix when a series is supplied is if you turn OFF data value labels on the pie through the property dialog. If they are left ON then the pies in each cell of the graph matrix will scale differently depending on how many or where the data value labels are placed inside each cell.

Will it meet your needs to turn off the data value labels? Perhaps we can consider including a property for keeping the pies the same size even when the data value labels are displayed.

I hope this helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation