BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We are trying to remove our Excel based reports and push out all our reports using SAS Web Report Studio.

As our first step, we wish to replicate what we had in Excel, that is a pivot table.

To do this, I've built a cube in DI Studio, and built a report off that in SAS Web Report Studio.  My background is using Cognos PowerPlay Transformer, so I'm somewhat comfortable with cubes.  I'll try Information Maps next, but I've never really created one before.

I'm largely happy with the report, with the exception of the filtering options.  Is there an option to have a couple of variables sitting ontop of a table, click on it, and select what values we want filtered?  Or would it be a case of editing the report, putting on the filter and viewing the report?  I don't think I want to create a different section for each value in a variable.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Would a dynamic prompt attached to a filter do what you want, this would however require a Information Map I think.

Not exactly what you describe but I think would produce a filtered report.

Barry

JohnT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Barry,

Dyamic prompts attached to a filter was as close as I could get to finding a solution too.  I don't want this, as the majority of times, the user will not know what filters they want applied until they've seen the data. 

If the solution to what I want require Information Maps I don't mind using them.

It sounds as though the feature I'm afer doesn't exist.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation