BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8

I have created 2 reports:  'rptA' & 'rptB'.  Each of these reports use the same shared prompt 'TID'.  Both reports run and return the correct results for the value entered into the prompt 'TID' when they are run separately in WRS.

I have created report linking in 'rptA' being the source report and 'rptB' as the destination report.  In the report linking dialog box:

1. Checked the box 'Include report links in the table'.

2. Link destination: chose 'An existing report'

3. Drilled down and selected 'rptB'.

4. Under 'Set Up Destination Report'

-  Destination Report:  has correct report name for 'rptB'

-  Open to section: shows 'section 1' (both reports only have one section)

-  Under Prompts:  Data Items:   The text for the prompt 'TID' is displayed with a drop down list of the report data items.  I am selecting the data item that is associated with the 'TID' prompt.

-  clicked ok

Seems pretty straight forward, just not working for me!

I appreciate any suggestions or help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8

I am sorry I left off that part!!   The problem is that when I run 'rptB' as a linked rerport from 'rptA', I do not get any rows of data selected in the results.  However, by running 'rptB' in WRS (not as a linked report) using the SAME value in the prompt as I used when I tried to run it as a linked report from 'rptA', I get 6 rows of data returned on the report, which is what I should be getting.   Running it as a linked report gives me no results.

Also, on the top of each report where it states "Applied Filters:',   the filters match exactly when I run 'rptB' by itself or linked.

ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks.... I will give this a try and let you know the results.

ncsthbell
Quartz | Level 8

I had to define the prompt in the Information Map for both reports that I was using in WRS.  Apparently, it does not when you use a shared prompt created in SMC.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation