BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kuro_kuro
Calcite | Level 5

I have a problem with the predefined macros. I create a stored process that contain predefined macros (_USERNAME). I want to get username from the user. Here is my code :

%global _USERNAME usernames;

libname test "*(libref location)";

%stpbegin;

DATA test.UsernameData;

username="&_USERNAME";

RUN;

DATA _NULL_;

SET test.UsernameData;

call symput("usernames",username);

RUN;

%stpend;

When I access it by using SASStoredProcess/do , the stored process is working. Then I try to make a report by using web report studio. First, I create information map and import the stored process to it. Then I create new data item, that will stored the usernames from test.UsernameData. 

I create new web report studio and using the information that I just created. I try to show whether web report studio show the its username or not like in SASStoredProcess/do. The result is empty string.

Is it the macros is not working in web report studio?

Hopefully, anyone could help me to solve the problem. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Sorry i donot have an answer specific to ur question. nor can i test in web report...... but in our framework i usually use the _metauser macro...

will that help?

Secondly i feel you are trying to view the hits on your reports .. you should have a look at this sasnote http://support.sas.com/kb/39/510.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Sorry i donot have an answer specific to ur question. nor can i test in web report...... but in our framework i usually use the _metauser macro...

will that help?

Secondly i feel you are trying to view the hits on your reports .. you should have a look at this sasnote http://support.sas.com/kb/39/510.html

kuro_kuro
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, thanks for reply,,

I have tried and it is worked. I chane the _username macro into _metauser macro. Thank You.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation