BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
We have observed that the portal logs the user off even if the browser is kept active after the default timeout of 30 mins.This happens only if the user navigates to the Web Olap Viewer or Web Report studio report from the portal and stays there till it crosses the timeout of the portal and this doesn't seems to happen when the user remains only in the portal.

We can increase the default timeout value of the SAS web applications and live with it, Just wanted to know if anyone has observed it or it is a default behaviour of the SAS IDP, since it is annoying to user when they are logged of in the middle of doing something.
7 REPLIES 7
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
I know there was a bug with the DE/Olap Viewer around this, but not WRS.

If the user was active in DE it would still timeout, resolved in 4.3 cause no olap viewer anymore 😉

Barry
Shane_Gibson
Calcite | Level 5
The reason this happens is because when you move from IDP to WRS you are handed over to WRS and portal loses the fact that you are still logged in, as it no longer sees any active.

This is due to Portal and WRS being seperate web apps I think.

Only option I know of is to increse the timeout for IDP.
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
The update from SAS Tech. support is that this situation is behaving better with the 4.3 Versions of the Web Apps, what they mean by behaving better is When we allow the portal to timeout while in another webapp, upon returning to the portal, we do not have to log in again.

For 4.2 Versions increasing the timeout is the only option.

I hope this situation will be even better handled in the future releases since the users expects seamless intergration of the web applications.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
The way they will fix it is they'll integrate all the functionanlity into one app ie BIDashboard,WRS (and OLAP Viewer), and Discontinue the Portal (and OLAP Viewer).

;)

Barry
Shane_Gibson
Calcite | Level 5
Now theres a rumour,

Wonder if they will carry the timeut issue over though 😉
boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes we have this problem too in V9.2, BI Platform V4.2, using WebSphere V6.1 (64 bit), TSM3 and TSM2.

The timeout occurs 30 mins after login, regardless of activity in the portal. We have a SAS track open, but nothing has worked so far. This is a serious issue, e.g. 3 hour cube training sessions for business staff become rather difficult, and looks bad for the software.

I assume IDP is Information Delivery Portal. I have increased the timeout on the portal. No change.

Regards

Bosch

boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

An update.

SAS tech support reproduced the problem and supplied a detailed procedure for changing the timeout parameters and redeploying the web applications.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation