BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

We need to create many WRS reports that contain a certain graph that we cannot make with WRS.

So we created a Stored Process that generates this graph, to include it in the WRS reports.

The data to graph depends on the Case that the report is for, so I assigned the prompt CASE_CODE to the Stored Process to filter data based on CASE_CODE.

Now I want WRS to call the Stored Process with a specific CASE_CODE but I can't find a way to do that.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Bart

6 REPLIES 6
TSBruce
SAS Employee

You could include a prompt in your stored process to capture the CASE_CODE.  This prompt would be surfaced via WRS and can be used in your stored process code to filter your data.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for your answer, sorry for my late reply, email notifications are not working for me and thus I never saw your reply.

The prompt is surfaced in WRS to the user but I don't want that, I want it to be passed "under the hood", passing it to the SP as http://server/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=mySP&case_code=case_001

I have asked around and it seems that this is not possible.

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

If the prompt value is not being entered by the user, why cant you let the stored process retrieve the case_code from a dataset or text file?

oops just saw that this question is ages old...

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

How would the WRS report get that case_code in that data set or text file?

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

so you have two items in your report - a report and a graph. the report is a standard WRS object and the graph is a stored process. What determines what case a report is for?

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

In the report I set a filter on the case code data item:

Screenshot.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation