BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi,

Is it possible to open a WRS Report from the SAS Portal with a predefined subset?

My case:
1. Report for New York
2. Report for San Francisco

Clicking report 1 should give my WRS report with subset NY applied.
Clicking report 2 should give my WRS report with subset SF applied.

Thanks,
Bart
5 REPLIES 5
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
You can subset reports by using filters. Are you talking about something different? Can you provide more details?
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I want to open a WRS report with a pre-selected prompt value.

For a Stored Process I would call it with something like &STATE=NY where the Stored Process picks up the STATE macro var and applies the subset to the data it queries.
ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6
We created a custom .jsp that allowed us to call w WRS or WRV report from the portal and pass it a set of parameters in the url string.

That allowed us to crate links or build menus in the Portal and when the user lciked on them it opened the same WRV repotr, but context senstive data based on the menu/link clicked.

It also inherited the users login session to provide single sign-on from the portal to WRS/WRV
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Shane,

That sounds like what we are looking for.
Would you share that jsp?

- Bart
ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Bart

Sorry for delay just checking with moderator on forum rules, because....

We sell the mod that allows this as a comercial package, details here:

http://saasinct.com/sas-portlet-details/wrv/wrs-report-linkage.html

Cheers
Shane

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation