BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

my colleague has defined the cube in the metadata but was not able to build it due to insufficient rights. When I, myself, try to build the cube I get the error
"An exception was thrown while waiting for a reply from the peer" an NO log with it.
Has anyone experience that before?

Regards,
Bob
2 REPLIES 2
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
The insufficient rights - yes. Here is my blog post on this:
http://sas-bi.blogspot.com/2010/01/getting-olap-cube-building-to-work.html

Not sure about the exception. There is a similar error found on the support site (http://support.sas.com/kb/37/094.html) but not sure if it's exactly the same issue.

I'd check the schema permissions first and retest.
If the exception still occurs - contact TS.

~ Angela
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Angela.
I contacted technical support. They recommended the bugfix as well but the problem we have has nothing to do with web report studio it happens during cube build. right now I found a workaround by exporting the cube creation code and inserting the dimension specification piece by piece into new code I prepared and then the cube built fine in EG as a program. later I was able to rebuild this cube also in OLAP Cube Studio. The error remains a mistery. the object spawner log reported memory corruption. I will keep an eye on it.

regards,
Bob

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation