BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a question about the reports and the underlying IMAPs in Webreport studio. The person who created the reports/IMAPs has saved everything in one folder(not vey organized) I would like to try to move the reports and the IMAPS to different folders. I tried to do this with one report so I moved the Imaps to the folder I wanted to and then opened the report in IE and the report did not work. So is there a way to move or will I have to redo all the reports after I move the IMAPs to the folder I want them to be in.

Thanks
Shri
3 REPLIES 3
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Shri,
If you don't have access to SAS Management Console, I would recommend that you create copies of the Information Maps into the newly organized folder structure and then edit each Web Report Studio report to point to the new IMAP, BEFORE deleting/removing the IMAP from current unorganized folder structure.

If you have SAS Management Console, I have recently seen that in 9.2 the export/import wizard is superb in keeping the links. So you can then export a SPK file and then import that same file into a different folder structure - however you must select the dependent objects (IMAP) together with the Web Report Studio Report(s) in order for the links to be maintained.

Angela Hall
http://sas-bi.blogspot.com
deleted_user
Not applicable
Angela,
Thank you for your reponse. I do have access to Management Console, so I gues I'll have to export it as a package and import it into the new folder structure. how about the underlying datasets/library will there be any issue since the datasets used in the Imap are in a different location after the move.

Thanks
Shri
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
This SAS Global Forum paper contains instructions for moving information maps and keeping them in sync with your reports.

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/289-2008.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation