BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have a very peculiar problem.

(SAS 9.4M5, Web Report Studio 4.4)

An information map was designed based on a straight SAS dataset (not a cube).

That information map can easily be used in Enterprise Guide or verified in Information Map Studio.

But in Web Report Studio (run with the same user), even just using a single column from that information map results in a "Missing Report Element" error.

Since this "suddenly" happened on all information maps/reports in a single tree in the metadata, I have a suspicion that the designer of that reports/maps (who also manages the whole tree) messed up while fiddling around with the metadata permissions.

Does anybody have an idea where I should start searching for a clue?

4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Maybe the "fiddling" was logged in the metadata-server logs, if the user is known, you should be able to find something useful.

First thought was: folders or maps have been renamed and the iMaps are broken, but the result of such an outburst of creativity should be seen in EG and iMap-Studio, too.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Is there a Show Details button with the error? If so, does it have any more information.

The other place to look is the Web Report Studio log

Lev1\Web\Logs\SASServer2_1\SASWebReportStudio4.4.log

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Madelyn_SAS wrote:

Is there a Show Details button with the error? If so, does it have any more information.

The other place to look is the Web Report Studio log

Lev1\Web\Logs\SASServer2_1\SASWebReportStudio4.4.log

Good hint. I should take more care following my own maxims 😉

The log has this to say (I guess it points to the problem):

The Balance algorithm timed out before a server could be found. 

Could it be that the spawner has developed a problem?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I think I managed to fix it. I located the two processes that had the Metadata ID of the Pooled Workspace Server (used for the reports) in their commandline, and stopped them. Then I restarted the spawner, and finally validated the PWS through the SMC (the reports wouldn't work before I did that) to start a new PWS instance. After that, the reports started working again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation