BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
srisai
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,
Please help me in this regard,
I have created a report in WRS.So in that prompt screen can we create a master prompt which would give the user the ability to pick which fileds they want to filter on??????? and once they pick the fileds to filter on, the remaining prompts only give them values for those fileds.

Please advice..

Thanks,
Kavi
4 REPLIES 4
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
Which version of SAS are you using? From What I understood from your post you may need cascading prompts for this.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
To the OP: suggest searching the forums (Stored Process) or search the SAS support website for related technical DOC and other reference material on this topic.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

web report studio cascading prompt site:sas.com
srisai
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Thanks for the post.but you misunderstood my problem.This is not about cascading.I already assign cascading prompt to my all of filters.Here am explaining you once again,

I have Name, age, gender, height,weight variables, so i would like to put a prompts for these columns.So the end user may see all 5 prompts in the prompt screen page and pick the values and view the report.but here my question is in the propmt screen page does the user have the ability to choose which prompt he would like to have in that propmt screen page? i.e there is a big prompt which would contain all of my 5 columns, in that user should have ability to choose the columns i.e if he selects name,age out of 5 prompts, in that prompt page screen those 2 selected columns should displayed inorder to select the data values to view the report.

Name

All Name
Age user selects Age
Gender -------------------------------->
height
weight

Here those 2 selected prompts should be displayed liek this,

Name

All
aaaa again user selects data values aaaaa
bbbb ------------------------------------>
cccc

All
13 --------------------------------------------> 13

So after this selection he is going to click view report
srisai
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

Thanks for the post.but you misunderstood my problem.This is not about cascading.I already assign cascading prompt to my all of filters.Here am explaining you once again,

I have Name, age, gender, height,weight variables, so i would like to put a prompts for these columns.So the end user may see all 5 prompts in the prompt screen page and pick the values and view the report.but here my question is in the propmt screen page does the user have the ability to choose which prompt he would like to have in that propmt screen page? i.e there is a big prompt which would contain all of my 5 columns, in that user should have ability to choose the columns i.e if he selects name,age out of 5 prompts, in that prompt page screen those 2 selected columns should displayed inorder to select the data values to view the report.

Name

All Name
Age user selects Age
Gender -------------------------------->
height
weight

Here those 2 selected prompts should be displayed liek this,

Name

All
aaaa again user selects data values aaaaa
bbbb ------------------------------------>
cccc

All
13 --------------------------------------------> 13

So after this selection he is going to click view report

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation