BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am working on an information map using data in several look up tables. These tables have sets of variables labeled "Code" and "Description". When I add these to the InfoMap, the ID is defined as Code_# and Description_#. Is there an easy way to change these?
6 REPLIES 6
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Change the source data table labels. The "code #" and "description #" are the labels for those two elements.

one example - changing sashelp.shoes =

data sashelp.shoes;
set sashelp.shoes;
attrib sales label="Sales #";
run;

~ Angela
Michael_W
Calcite | Level 5
I am not sure if my issue is similar to the one referenced in this track or if it's something all together different. What I am trying to do is create an information map where the variable/measure names are static (e.g. C5-C17), but the the variable labels are what are displayed in WRS (e.g. C5 displays as "2010/01" this month, but would display as "2010/02" next.). I can run a SAS process to update the labels every month, but I don't want to have to change my reports every month. I was hoping that I could accomplish this via IMS.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Michael
deleted_user
Not applicable
I know that is where they are coming from, actually the _# is appended by SAS to the Fields with the name/label of Code or Description. Is there a way to change the ID either after creation, or as you are creating the InfoMap? The data that I am working from is in a MS-SQL table, and the person creating these in the future will not be able to change the label on the source data.
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Unaware of a way to change it from Information Map studio.

An alternative is that you could use the PROC INFOMAP step in base sas (or sas eg) to create the imap.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/engimap/61078/HTML/default/a003088311.htm

~ Angela
deleted_user
Not applicable
Found one way, not exactly in Information Map Studio. I can use PROC INFOMAPS to export the InfoMap to an XML file. Edit the XML file to replace the identity="CODE_#" with the value I edited in the description tag. Re-import the modified XML file (making sure I do this with a UTF-8 text editor and before doing anything with permissions) and everything is as I would like it.
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
The xml can certainly be updated. Note that SAS TS doesn't 'officially' support this.
Be extremely careful as well, dependent reports could be broken during the editing process.

~ Angela

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation