BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi:

Question:

If I have a WRS report written and I want create a duplicate report: same columns, rows, graphs, everything... how do I do this without having to edit all the info in the report layout again?

Sound crazy? If I replace the info map with an info map: same name, same variables, same everything... it breaks and I have to re-edit all the tables and charts again.

Any ideas? Seems like a ridiculous waste of resources.

I know i can just add a filter and do it that way, but some users are not allowed to see all the info.

Thanks in advance.

dave
4 REPLIES 4
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Version?

Might be able to do with Report Maintenance in 9.2, where you are able to fix broken linkages etc. File->Manage Files , Drop down option "Repair Report"

Barry
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi

I believe that normally such a task would be done using a pre-filter on the info map (i.e. based on logon id's).

In my understanding within the metadata data model objects are linked over id's. Therefore replacing an info map means creating a set of totally new objects (even if they have exactly the same names). As these are new objects nothing will link to them.

BUT: If you import metadata (from an .spk file) linkage happens over names!

Something like the following could work (using SMC):
- Make a copy of the info map.
- Export the WRS reports (without dependencies)
- Import the WRS report into a new folder and select the new info map.
- Using IMS modify the new info map the way you need it.

This should duplicate the WRS reports and link the duplicates to the new info map.

HTH
Patrick Message was edited by: Patrick
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
If you are using WRS 4.2 or 4.3, then you can try the "Repair Report" (4.2) or "Update Resources " (4.3) feature. Be sure to backup the original report before doing this.

If you are using version 3.1, there is an undocumented way to edit the XML. In this case, I would suggest opening a track with Tech Support.
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for everyone's help.

I did get it to eventually work by using the Update Resources. I assume this is new to 4.3.

I went into : File --> Manage Files --> Actions (from the drop down menu) --> Update Resources.

Cut a lot of time off my plate.

Thanks again,
Dave

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation