BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasrac
SAS Employee
Hi All,

Our client wants to highlight a character type column in the WRS 3.1. The only type that I know that could be highlighted is a numeric type column. Is there anyway or tool that could help me to highlight some of the rows in the WRS that are in a character type.

Thanks,
sasrac
4 REPLIES 4
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5
I am not sure if this works with the version of WRS you are using, but you can try create a catagorical variable value from the existing variable in the dataset.
For Ex:

Code :

Entity1= '' ||Entity||'';

Value in the Dataset:

Shoes

In the Information map enable the option "Display as Hyperlink " in the properties for that Data item.
Jenn2
SAS Employee
As far as I know, you can only highlight categorical variables (i.e., characters) by using the information map to set data attributes. We hope to have that functionality in future releases.
Jenn2
SAS Employee
Sasrac,
If you get a chance, would you mind looking at the post titled, "A conditional highlighting question from the WRS usability team...?" Here is the link:

http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=9230&tstart=0

I'm trying to get two quick questions answered from our users regarding conditional highlighting. We really want to know your opinions.

Many thanks,
Jenn2
sasrac
SAS Employee
Hi Jenn2,

I'll try to check the link that you gave.

Thanks,
sasrac

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation