BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
psysas
Calcite | Level 5
hi
Right now my WRS report is sorted by observations(rows) in alphabetical order when the report is opened. Is that possible to get a sorted crosstabulation table by a certain column right away when you click "View Report" ?

thanks in advance

-psysas

Message was edited by: psysas Message was edited by: psysas
12 REPLIES 12
yonib
SAS Employee
Hi, you can use proc format that places the selected column values in a specified numeric order.

You can find an example in the following sas note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/33/017.html

I hope this helps you...
psysas
Calcite | Level 5
hi yonib
thanks for your reply.
but the column value is already numeric, i need it sorted when the report is opened.
any ideas?

-psysas
psysas
Calcite | Level 5

anyone has an idea? is that due to the data source which is an olap cube?

TSBruce
SAS Employee

If the source is an OLAP cube, the default view should be sorted based on the sort you defined for that dimension in your cube.  You ahve the ability to define the sort order using five options:

1.  Formatted Ascending

2.  Formatted Descending

3.  Unformatted Ascending

4.  Unformatted Descending

5.  Data set order

I would suggest setting the sort order for this dimension according to how you would like your default view in WRS to appear.

psysas
Calcite | Level 5

hi TSBruce

Thanks for your reply.

it is my fault that I havn´t make it clear. It is the measures that need to be sorted in either ascending or descending order.

really hope someone can help.

-psysas

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

In the View Mode, you go to the column in questions, use the right mouse button select either sort asceding or sort descending. Then save the report. That should do it.

psysas
Calcite | Level 5

well Bruno, the users require that the column is displayed sorted when they click "View report" in WRS. Is that possible?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

When you save the report it remembers the sorting. So when you view a report it will use the sorting you specified

psysas
Calcite | Level 5

ya... but if you have a prompted filter, it will only save the sorting to the report you specified in your filter. An example: your prompted filter has two groups A and B. If you choose group A in your prompt and save the sorting. The report is viewed sorted for group A. But if you opdate your report by selecting group B in your prompt, the report for group B is not sorted.

any idea?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

pysas I think you best discuss this with technical support and outline the steps you used to produce the the prompt as well as the report

psysas
Calcite | Level 5

thanks Bruno, i will do that

TSBruce
SAS Employee

I just tested this with WRS4.3 and the sort is remembered and honored even when selecting different values for prompts or anytime the report is opened.  It is a requirement to save the report with the sort applied, as this saves the sort in the report definition.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation