BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
Is there a way to use the formatted value of a prompt value that is inserted into a text object? For example, one of the fields (FUNDABLE) contains values of Y or N and a custom format is applied to the field to provide a description of Funded or Non-Funded, respectively. The user is prompted to make a selection to filter the data on one of the values. I want to use this in a text object to place the value in the title (not the header) above the table but I need it to say Funded or Non-Funded. It says Y or N when I insert.
6 REPLIES 6
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
Unfortunately, the display of unformatted values is a known issue. The only workaround is to create the prompted filters in Web Report Studio instead of the information map. See http://support.sas.com/kb/30/746.html
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much for your quick response. I don't know if this will work for me, as I've created a custom filter that allows for "All" of the items as one of the selections, as per the SAS Global Forum paper 064-2008 - SAS Web Report Studio tips and techniques. Is there a way to do the same thing in WRS?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
There is a workaround for use in Information Map Studio, but it will cause a performance hit if the underlying data is 3rd party and not SAS.

For the FUNDABLE data item, edit the expression to include your custom format. Something like this, where CUSTOM is the name of your custom format.

PUT(<<table.FUNDABLE>>,$CUSTOM.)

The formatted value should appear in the text object. I have tested this and it works.
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
I forgot to mention that I am still using IMS 3.1 and WRS 3.1 and SAS 9.1.3 SP4. When I use the PUT statement, no data is returned to the report and the text object still contains the unformatted values. The data is in SAS format but this isn't working for me.

We are currently in the process of upgrading to SAS 9.2 so this may work then. Thanks again for your assistance!
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
The workaround should work with 3.1. I have updated the SAS note with more detail. Maybe that will help. http://support.sas.com/kb/30/746.html
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for updating the SAS note with details. I had not removed the user-defined format when I first tested. When I try to do it as you have carefully explained in the SAS note, I still get the unformatted values and no data is returned so I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'll keep working at it to see if I can get it to work as it should. Thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation