BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,
I am assuming the Dashboard questions are handled in this forum. I have a question about the KPI Table in a BI Dashboard, Is there any way to change the format of the data in the KPI table (for eg. change the font, change the alignment of data, change the size etc...)

I could not find any way to do it, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Shri
6 REPLIES 6
Jenn2
SAS Employee
Shri,
I do not know anything about dashboard but I'm asking around to find you an answer. Hopefully one of my "dashboard" friends will provide you with an answer soon.
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
You can change the size of the complete indicator 'real estate' on the portal by going to the 'display' tab in the indicator.

You can utilize dynamic gauges and change the gauge size by selecting the 'Select' button on the right of the gauge type drop down list.
You can also use this same area to change the format of the data displayed with the dynamic gauge.

As for size (8pt, 12pt) & alignment (center, left justified) of the data, these options are not available.

Note that if the dashboard doesnt have an indicator that matches your specific needs, you can also create a SAS stored process to create the display and have that surfaced through the BI Dashboard portlet. See the 'Stored Process' section of http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidbrdug/61856/HTML/default/n1ft1fnpq8qa7on1vy9593s74h2w....

~ Angela Hall
http://sas-bi.blogspot.com
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Angela,
I am not very good at writing stored processes, so i was hoping I could do it just using the web interface.

You seem to be very knowledgable about the BI products in SAS. So I have one more question for you.

I have created a few dashboards/indicators/datamodels using a particular IMAP which is stored in my personal folder. Now I need to move this so everybody can access the dashboards. Is it sufficient if I move the IMAP to a shared folder.

I was trying to see where all the dashboards/indicators/datamodels are stored and I could not find it.

Can you tell me what is the best practice to follow here.

Thank You
Shri
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Hi Shri,
When you move the IMAP you will then need to repoint the BI Dashboard Data Model to the new IMAP location. I would recommend that you copy/paste the imap into the new location first so that any links in the BI Dashboard Data Model dont become corrupted. Then change the data model source location.

~ Angela Hall
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks,
I was able to move the IMAP to a shared folder and the dashboards are working fine (fingers crossed 🙂

I would like to suggest that it would be really helpful if we can see the path of the IMAP in the Data model Page.

I have been reading a few of your previous posts and you have explained how to link a WRS report from a dashboard.......

Is the reverse possible I mean can I link a dashboard from a WRS report and pass parameters from the WRS report to the dashboard.....

Thanks
Shri
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Shri,
The path of the IMAP is viewable in 9.2.

I'll post to the other discussion re: parameters.

~ Angela Hall

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation