BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jonathantrue
Calcite | Level 5

I've been trying to do some research on passing prompt values from one report to a linked report, and it seems like about the only way to do this is via a stored process that updated/reads a table...  Is there some other solution that I'm just missing?

In report 1, you select a start and end date.  Report one is linked to another report and some of variables are tied to filters on report 2.  But report 2 always prompts me for the start and end date because I can't figure out how to pass those values...  This seems like something that should be built in, but I'm guessing it's not?

I'm not having a great deal of luck with the "stored process/table update" method, and I'd prefer not to create 2 seperate information maps tied to seperate stored procs as described in that method.  Any other ideas that I could try?

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you have start and end date in your report it should be possible to link direcly to report#2.

In report2 you need prompts for date and those are the ones you use when linking....

I might have missed something thou....

ajuvaba
Calcite | Level 5

You have to create a link between prompt in report 2 and filter value in report 1. It will always prompt values if you open report 2 directly but works if you click from one report to other.

This link should help you to understand how it works. http://support.sas.com/kb/41/526.html

If you don't have the possibility to create a link between two reports then you need additional rights. You have to be a member of a Web Report Studio role that has the "Advanced Report Creation: Create Report Links" capability.

It takes maybe few times to try out but it is quite easy to understand process.

Hope it works for you also...

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

In WRS, you can only link reports using characters vars - dates in SAs are Numeric.

26174 - Using SAS® Web Report Studio to pass prompt values between linked reports

Might be different in latest version of WRS

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

From SAS programmer point of view, prompts are macro variables. So here are some suggestions:

1. Use ONE stored process for both reports.

2. Make sure the macro variables are global.

Haikuo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation