BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tejeshwar
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

We are using the SAS WRS 4.3 to support reporting requirement across different functions in our organization. Most of the time, the data is reported for last 24 rolling months and hence there is a need to provide users the ability to filter out data based on a month or an year before they look at a report.

We have observed that if the month or year is in a date format, the ability to create a filter is disabled (not highlighted) when we go to Web Report Studio and hence we have been creating Month or Year in a Character format to enable filtering and have numbers preceed the name of the Month to maintain their sequence.

I was wondering if there is an alternative to that as users dont want to see actual numbers like 1,2 before the name of the months and hence if there is a way to keep that variable in a date format without numbers and be able to filter and maintain the way its sorted.

Regards,
Tej
1 REPLY 1
mojerry2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

there's a solution. You can create a dataset with two columns. The first on has "formatted" values and the second has your numeric values.

Then you "just" have to reference your filter on the created dataset.

sort your filter on the numeric value and the trick is done.

The reporting I've created I've placed a new column (calculated field) with yyyy\mm and on this on I've placed my filter.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation