BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5

Now that the OLAP Viewer has been depreciated since the 9.2 Release 3, I wonder what is the enhancement it has brought to the existing functionality of viewing the cubes in Web report studio (Even the release 2 and its predecessor allowed the Cubes to be viewed in Web Report studio). May be I am Ignorant but I do not see any significant feature enhancement on the flip side it has brought some complications like enabling the Edit Tab for all the report consumers.

Does anyone has a similiar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Totally agree, I don't beleive that WRS has been a suitable replacement for Web OLAP Viewer and VDE.  Although SAS will argue that you can now access a cube directly (rather than through a IMap).

At our organisation, we only had a small number of users who had WRS author ability and all user had access to Data explorations, if we were to have same functionality now all users would need author role in WRS, in my view totally defeats the purpose of the roles....

Lets hope 5.1 release has some real improvements in this area.

Barry

RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5

WRS 5.1 with Flash based interfaces sounds promising. Any Idea When it is scheduled to roll out?

ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6

Roumour is maybe the end of the year.

Question is will it only work with 9.3 or wil it work with 9.2 as well?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation