BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Hi.

Has Anyone upgrade to the M3 4.3 Clients in Particular on the Midteir? The reason for asking as I have been told (and Read) the Data Explorations (DE) and the WebOLAPViewer are no more and have been replaced by WRS functionality.

I have been told (and Read), but not shown, that the DE bookmarks are converted to a WRS report. Has anyone seen this, if a DE has multiple bookmarks do you get multiple sections in the WRS report or do you get multiple WRS reports?

Any advice on your experiences etc would be appreciated.

Regards

Barry Message was edited by: twocanbazza
4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
Here are some bullet points about the WRS 4.3 integration:

For data explorations that contain bookmarks, each bookmark is saved as an individual report.

SAS Generated Information Maps can be opened like any other information map if the user has the Allow Direct Access to Information Maps capability.

Data items in the slicer role are surfaced as hidden data items.

You can open a cube directly with the Allow Direct Access to Cubes capability

The ability to save views is implemented in 4.3 as the new ability to copy report sections.

Here are a couple of related SAS notes:

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/956.html

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/958.html
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the quick response....

Any SAS users out there had experiences of doingb the upgrade?

Barry
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
We just upgraded to WRS 4.3 and did not have the knowledge beforehand that the Data Explorations and OLAP Viewer were being discontinued. Well, we were extremely surprised and disappointed that our VDEs were converted to reports (.srx). Our users liked the functionality that was provided before; e.g. adding a chart with the click of an icon, easily viewing all available dimensions and hierarchies, bookmarking, and the easy way to change the information that was displayed.

Now we will have to train the users all over again on how to 'Select Data' to customize the display. They also lost much functionality.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
I agree,

And to make WRS totally like DE you need your users to be Authors, which in my mind wrong.... I Know I could create my own roles etc,

The VDE was a hit with our users, and we are now struggling to replicate the functionality for them.

I hope SAS re-think what they remove in the future....

Barry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation