BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MrE
SAS Employee MrE
SAS Employee
Hi all,

I would like to customize report style based on Plateau style. The CSS example that is provided is only Seaside.css.
Could anyone suggest me how can I get Plateau.CSS ?

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
On my install, the other styles are available at:

C:\Program Files\SAS\SharedFiles\BIClientStyles\4.2

~ Angela
MrE
SAS Employee MrE
SAS Employee
Thanks Angela,

I found that file on my machine too. It look like .CSS style for EG and Microsoft Add-in.
I wonder if this file can be used with Web Report Style or not?

I am sorry that I didnt provide complete information. I would like to customize report style on Web Report Studio 4.2.

Any other suggestion ? Thank you very much
Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9
If you would like to change the style of a report in Web Report Studio 4.2/4.3, go to the Preferences link at the top of the page, click the Report Creation tab, and choose Plateau from the Report Style dropdown menu and click OK.
MrE
SAS Employee MrE
SAS Employee
Thanks for ur information.

I actually need plataeu css code. I will modify it, for example, changing font family, color and size. Then i will save it as new style and deploy it as a default style. Users will have their standard template and do not have to adjust every time.
Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9
Creating a new default theme for the web tier is more complex than changing a style sheet. See "Administering SAS Web Application Themes" in the SAS® 9.2 Intelligence Platform Web Application Administration Guide (http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biwaag/63149/PDF/default/biwaag.pdf) for the details.
mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I currently have to work with the seaside.css, because the other styles are not available for editing.

It is just a major PITA, to be honest. Also having no proper documentation makes figuring things out even worse.

Does anyone know a way to align a 'Table Rowgroup Row Label' vertically and horizontally at the same time?

Or does anyone know how to align any text vertically, for that matter?

The plateau.css seems to be doing this, but I could not yet create a custom style that would do the same.

Have:

Want:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

Pisit
Calcite | Level 5

Hi mfab! I have the same problem. Do you have solution for this?

mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Pisit,

unfortunately not to our satisfaction.

You might want to try and add something like this:

- Crosstab

Table Rowgroup Label

{

background-color: green;

font-family: Arial, sans-serif;

font-weight: bold;

font-size: 8pt !Important;

font-style: normal;

color: #1a4a76;

text-align: left;

vertical-align: middle !Important;

text-decoration: none;

padding-top: 0px;

padding-right: 3px;

padding-bottom: 0px;

padding-left: 3px;

white-space: normal;

vertical-align should do the trick.

It seems you would need to add "!Important;" to all custom changes you make. However SAS chooses to ignore some of them. For instance, we could not set the font size no matter what we tried. If you want to following some design rules for reports, you will find that it is hard to make them work in WRS. There are now several different font sizes and font styles in the WRS-styles, which is not best practice concerning to some design and usability experts.

As a project, this lead us nowhere. In the end we decided, it is not worth the effort and we stopped customizing it alltogether.

Hope you have more luck!

Cheers

Michael

Pisit
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response. I will try to add the code you suggest in CSS file and see the result. Actually my problem is I just want to increase font size of data value that show in graph so I followed this article http://support.sas.com/kb/40/712.html but when I applied a custom report style in WRS its effect other properties such as border of the crosstab is missing, some fonts not available to select when edit property of graph in WRS and more. So I just have to go and edit css code.

Thanks again.

Pisit

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation