BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnT
Quartz | Level 8

Gday,

I have an OLAP cube setup, and I want to see a ratio (many of them actually) in the report.  So, I have not calculated this in the data because the percentage will obviously change depending on what dimensions are being shown/what filters are in place.

So to get these ratios I've created some Custom Items.

I select create the expression using the measures which are available on the left, this is the expression that is created (I think these are the Caption values in Cube Designer):

[Sum Of Gnic]  /  [Sum Of Gep]

However, later when I want to select new data, for example, it tells me that the calculations are wrong.  When I look at the expression I see something new (I think these are the Measure Name's in Cube Designer):

Member::[MEASURES].[GNICSUM] / Member::[MEASURES].[GEPSUM]

Now, I didn't put that in, however, it's what I see when I build/rebuild the cube.

In order to add a new measure or dimension, I need to update all my calculations (I have at ten ratios right now).  I don't want to have to update all these everytime I need to added a new item.

How can I get the calculations to either remember what I originally put in or how can I get the report to accept the expression that it's changed to?

We are on the following:

SAS Web Report Studio 4.3

Build Number: 20111010164613939938256(f0wrs43) Build Date: 10/10/2011 Hotfix D26005

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

In order to add a new measure or dimension, I need to update all my calculations (I have at ten ratios right now).  I don't want to have to update all these everytime I need to added a new item.

Hi,

Just a question are u defining the calculated member in the cube.. or web report..

JohnT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi NN,

What I was describing was on the web report.

I've tried both, I don't think doing it in the cube works.

Edit:

It might have worked in a cube, I don't know, but ended up trying to put the calculations in Information Maps, and it works in that (though I didn't think it would).  This solution kind of works better for me, because the labels show up without changer to proper case.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

The reason why i had asked was because i too was facing the same type of problem. The only differece being that i was defining my calclated member in the cube.

So i too had ended up using infomap for my calculations.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation