BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jplarios
Quartz | Level 8
Hi:
Can I have a SAS view as a source for an information map?

thanks,
jp
2 REPLIES 2
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Yes.

Information Maps can be created using any data source defined within SAS Management Console (views, references to RDBMS systems, cubes, etc) as well as Stored Processes.

Note - the view must be pointing to a data source that the user can also obtain when running the Information Map from the client applications.

~ Angela
http://sas-bi.blogspot.com
jplarios
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks Angela - what exactly do you mean that the view must be pointing to a source? In DIS, I used the SQL transformation and created a target of View member type.

another related question, what would be the best practice in SAS for Role dimensions?
In a star schema input to a cube , can I have a view as a Dimension?
It seems that a view would work just fine, but I want to make sure that it works across all interfaces.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation