BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
craigmcn
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but this seems to be where Information Delivery Portal (IDP) questions end up.

I'm trying to find a way to customize the browser page titles for some of the IDP pages; specifically "SAS Logon Manager" and "SAS Information Delivery Portal". Web Report Studio (WRS) has a SAS Management Console configuration property of "webreportstudio.page.title.text". Does something similar exist for IDP?

Thanks .... Craig
7 REPLIES 7
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Craig,
A quick search for "SAS Logon page title"
yielded this TS tip: http://support.sas.com/kb/37/606.html

There is a link in there for IDP as well.

~ Angela
craigmcn
Calcite | Level 5
I probably should have mentioned that I already tried that. It shows on the page, but the browser title bar still shows "SAS Logon Manager". But, you're right, it works for the logon and for IDP.
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Oh sorry about that. My understanding is that it's not supported in the Theme or in the properties. However, I have seen folks modify the java itself (NOT SUPPORTED) and run the redeploy wizard to ensure that the browser title is different.

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASInformationDeliveryPortal\4.2\Static\wars\sas.portal\jsp\html\portal\HeadInclude.jsp

Change:
<idportal:Text key="desktop.title.txt" />
to:
Your new title bar title here

~ Angela
craigmcn
Calcite | Level 5
That's an interesting solution. Would it be possible to configure the "desktop.title.txt" value in Management Console?
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Lol, I started trying it after I posted the response. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

~ Angela
craigmcn
Calcite | Level 5
Me too!
Kushal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Craig/Angela,

I know its late reply but I have also same kind of requirement where I need to customize SAS Web App to client's need. I have tried several things and I was able to change the browser tab text from default "SAS Logon" to client's requirement. Try to as specified below:

Make Customized Title Bar for Client in Browser’s Tab

To create customize title bar for Client go to C:\jboss4.2.3.GA\server\SASServer1\deploy_sas\sas.wip.apps9.3.ear\sas.svcs.logon.war\tiles.

1. Open LogonLayout.jsp and TermLayout.jsp files.
  2. Change the below portion

<title><sas-ui:ApplicationName/></title>

To

<title>Client Specific Name</title>

Save changes and Restart the servers.

You will able to see the customized text on LogOn and LogOff screens of the SAS Web Applications.

But Now I require to add this customized text in all web application's browser tab. Please guide if any Property value or any other way is available.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation