BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kodit
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm following this guide to promote a package of content from Visual analytics to Viya. I have now gotten to the following step;

" From a command window on your SAS Viya machine, navigate to this directory: /opt/sas/viya/home/ bin. Then, run the sas-admin transfer upload command to upload the SAS 9.4 package file from your local machine to the SAS Viya environment. For example, the following command uploads a SAS 9.4 package file called myPackage.spk. Since the --profile option is not specified and the SAS_CLI_PROFILE environment is not set, the file is uploaded to the SAS Viya environment that is specified in your default profile. The --mapping option creates a mapping file that you can edit to specify substitution values for data libraries and other connections. The file is written in YAML format. sas-admin transfer upload --spk MyPackage.spk --mapping MyPackageMapping.yml" 

My question is where should MyPackage.spk be located, or how do iI reference a different location for the file?

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@Kodit,

Where did you save a file when you exported a package from SAS 9.4?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

The file should be accessible on the machine where you run your sas-admin command, then you specify the file like this

sas-admin transfer upload --spk "/dir1/dir2/yourPackage.spk"

It will then respond with an id, this id can then be used for the

sas-admin transfer import --id 

command