BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kodit
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm following this guide to promote a package of content from Visual analytics to Viya. I have now gotten to the following step;

" From a command window on your SAS Viya machine, navigate to this directory: /opt/sas/viya/home/ bin. Then, run the sas-admin transfer upload command to upload the SAS 9.4 package file from your local machine to the SAS Viya environment. For example, the following command uploads a SAS 9.4 package file called myPackage.spk. Since the --profile option is not specified and the SAS_CLI_PROFILE environment is not set, the file is uploaded to the SAS Viya environment that is specified in your default profile. The --mapping option creates a mapping file that you can edit to specify substitution values for data libraries and other connections. The file is written in YAML format. sas-admin transfer upload --spk MyPackage.spk --mapping MyPackageMapping.yml" 

My question is where should MyPackage.spk be located, or how do iI reference a different location for the file?

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@Kodit,

Where did you save a file when you exported a package from SAS 9.4?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

The file should be accessible on the machine where you run your sas-admin command, then you specify the file like this

sas-admin transfer upload --spk "/dir1/dir2/yourPackage.spk"

It will then respond with an id, this id can then be used for the

sas-admin transfer import --id 

command

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation