BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
m_margherita
Calcite | Level 5

Hello guys,

I need to create a pre-assigned physical Oracle Library on the new SAS Viya.

In SAS v.9.4 I used the SAS Management Console for creation: the library was pre-assigned and the tables were updated in real time.

In the new SAS Viya not exist SAS Management Console and I can't get the same result. can you help me? thank you

3 REPLIES 3
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

In SAS Viya you have two alternatives to create CAS Libraries:

• GUI approach, use the SAS Environment Manager -> Data -> Data Sources -> click on the connect icon
  • Programming approach, use either the CASLIB statement or the table.addcaslib action

See here for an example on creating an Oracle CAS Library https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=caspg&docsetVersion=3.5&docsetTarget=n1sm3p9v8hq9d9n143uh...

By default you will create a session scoped CAS library so it will only be visible to your current CAS session, use the option session=false to create a global scoped CAS library.

Also by default only the user creating the CAS library will have read access, no other user will be able to see the CAS library, so you also need to change the permissions for the CAS library.

Also note CAS libraries are different to SAS libraries in many ways.

m_margherita
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Bruno for your answer.

I performed the procedure.

I created the CAS library, but by assigning permissions to a group of users they do not see the tables if the load is not executed.

If I load, the problem is that the tables remain static and do not update in real time.

How can i make users see data in real time? alternatively on SAS Viya is possible create simple Oracle-type SAS libraries?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Margherita

Some answers and some questions.

SAS Viya has the SPRE (SAS Platform Runtime Environment). So when using SAS Studio to run code, this is what you use, and in there you can use LIBNAME statements as you are used to from SAS9.

Applications like Visual Analytics use data from CAS libraries and as you write, the data has to be loaded into memory for those applications to work.

Tell us more about the use case, this will help us better understand your needs.

Thanks