BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edoedoedo
Pyrite | Level 9

Consider this scenario:

- We have a table X in the Caslib DB1 on the Cas server cas-shared-default-1 on the Viya server server1.ondemand.sas.com

- We have a table Y in the Caslib DB2 on the Cas server cas-shared-default-2 on the Viya server server2.ondemand.sas.com

I'm working in Sas Studio e.g. on the server2 environment. I want to write an operation which involves both servers, i.e. a datastep which concatenates the tables X and Y:

data DB2.Z;
  set DB1.X DB2.Y;
run;

That requires a working connection to both the cas servers at the same time, the concatenation calculation should happen on the server2 since I'm working there, the server1 should only be used to read the table.

Clearly that should be performed entirely on memory, without "tricks" like downloading the table X in sas94, making a signon between the two sas94, and reloading the sas dataset in memory again on server2, that would be a complete waste of resources.

How would you suggest to implement this, making sure that everything keeps working exclusively in the two Cas?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

From my limited understanding, SAS/CONNECT is available in Viya to communicate between Viya servers (and with SAS 9.4 servers) in a similar way to how it works in SAS 9.4. Is this product available to you?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Another obvious (and therefore probably not feasible for you) is to make data available between the servers, e.g. using shares or similar.

Data never sleeps