BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

I have created a job in SAS VIYA Environment manager. After creating a new job, you select the sas program to run. But after creating the job and scheduling it, I cannot find which code is actually scheduled. I can edit the scheduling time, and see some properties, but I cannot find the actual code or a path to the program anywhere. The only way I can find out which code the program actually runs, is to inspect the log. I think I have tried every button available, but I cannot find this anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. I cannot see how I can use the scheduler without having a way to know which code the jobs are running. 

I also tried editing the code, but the changes were not "deployed". Is there a way to "redeploy" other than deleting a job, and creating a new one using the edited code, with the same name?

2 REPLIES 2
Mrscblowe
Calcite | Level 5
Was this ever answered? I have the exact same questions and can't find the answers anywhere.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
When you create a job in Environment Manager from a SAS program, the contents of the program are copied into the code attribute of the jobRequest, and are no longer surfaced. Modifying the program used to create the job would not modify the job. You would need to create a new job from the updated file. You could point your browser to the /jobExecution/jobRequests/job_id URL and look at the output JSON to see the contents of the job.
If you wanted to be able to edit the job regularly you could schedule a program that is an %include statement against a filesrvc access method. Then it would read the current version of the code from there with each execution.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer