BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
joycefilm
Fluorite | Level 6

joycefilm_0-1688626238891.png

Hellow all,

I want to output table header without the numbers and @ sign, but use #byval(param) in the code, sorted by param, to avoid alphabetical sorting, so customize the order using numbers to control the order

• My code is as follows:

• title j=c "#byval(param)";
  • proc sort data=test out=table;
  • by param;
  • define param /group page noprint;
  • break befpre param/page;
  • run;
  • please give me some suggestions,thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@joycefilm wrote:

param values cannot be sorted alphabetically, so I use numbers to customize the order. Now I want to output tables without numbers

If I am understanding you properly, you want to create a variable that has the value with numbers and @ sign (I think you already have that), let's call this variable PARAM, and another variable named PARAM1 which does not have the numbers and @ sign.

Then sort by both PARAM and PARAM1, set the options NOBYLINE, and in PROC REPORT use

by param param1;

Then in the title statement refer to #BYVAL2.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

PROC SORT does not display printed output, so it is not going to work with #byval. Nor is there are DEFINE or BREAK statement in PROC SORT. Are you trying to do this with PROC REPORT?

Please provide code that works EXCEPT for the #byval part, then it should be really simple to add in #byval to the title.

--
Paige Miller
joycefilm
Fluorite | Level 6
sorry,I write mistake. It's proc report.
My code is as follows:
title j=c "#byval(param)";
proc report data=test out=table;
by param;
define param /group page noprint;
break befpre param/page;
run;
param values cannot be sorted alphabetically, so I use numbers to customize the order. Now I want to output tables without numbers

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@joycefilm wrote:

If I am understanding you properly, you want to create a variable that has the value with numbers and @ sign (I think you already have that), let's call this variable PARAM, and another variable named PARAM1 which does not have the numbers and @ sign.

Then sort by both PARAM and PARAM1, set the options NOBYLINE, and in PROC REPORT use

by param param1;

Then in the title statement refer to #BYVAL2.

--
Paige Miller
joycefilm
Fluorite | Level 6

I obtained the results I desired by using your method. Thank you very much!