BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

I using Viya Visual Analytics 8.5.2.  I am working with a Schedule Chart.  I have the following:

• Task:  processName
  • Start:  startTime
  • Finish:  endTime
  • Group:  status
  • Data tip values:  processName, startTime, endTime, duration
  • Hidden:  startDate (I added this so that I can have a slider to look at data one day at a time)

By default, my Schedule Chart is being sorted by processName.  I would like to be able to sort by startTime.  However, when I attempt to change the sort, I only have the following options:  processName: Ascending; processName: Descending.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks,

Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
irinna
SAS Employee

Hi

You can do it by modifying the XML (CTRL + ALT +B in the report). There you will find in the data definiton a line for Sort Items. Change the one from processName to the starttime one (use the name ref). The easiest way to identify where to change is if you create a new report, add only the schedule chart, go to the XML and look there for 'ascending'. That how you find the part that you need to modify. Change it to the name ref you need and reload the XML.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
irinna
SAS Employee

Hi

You can do it by modifying the XML (CTRL + ALT +B in the report). There you will find in the data definiton a line for Sort Items. Change the one from processName to the starttime one (use the name ref). The easiest way to identify where to change is if you create a new report, add only the schedule chart, go to the XML and look there for 'ascending'. That how you find the part that you need to modify. Change it to the name ref you need and reload the XML.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation