BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChandanKSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have few questions regarding scheduling of sas code/job in SAS Viya.

1.  How to schedule SAS data step program & Job in SAS Viya?
  2.  Can we create SAS job flow in SAS Viya like we do in SAS 9 (in SMC Schedule Manager) to run multiple jobs & add dependency ( like run job in parallel or sequential and add the logic gates? if yes then how, and if no then is there any way to do the same.
  3.  Can we use operating system or any third party scheduler like LSF/Control-M to schedule the job in SAS Viya? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

7 REPLIES 7
alexal
SAS Employee

@ChandanKSAS,

How to schedule SAS data step program & Job in SAS Viya?

Check this article: How to run SAS Studio 5 program on a schedule?

ChandanKSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Alexal.

Do you have idea about the question 2 & 3.

alexal
SAS Employee

@ChandanKSAS ,

You need to speak about the remaining questions with our technical support. I'm not sure that you can build any flows in SAS Job Execution, but it will be better to verify with technical support. The same applies to LSF, you should be able to invoke SAS program (SPRE) from LSF, but talk to them first.

Rain
Obsidian | Level 7

@ChandanKSAS 

did you receive any additional information regarding scheduling capabilities for Viya like it works for SAS 9.4? I am in process of trying to understand similar thing.

Rain

sandeepgrande
Fluorite | Level 6

@Rain 

I was looking for answers to same question. Unlike .sas files in 9.4 where is it stored on filesystem, SAS programs are stored as Viya Content inside Postgres . To call these Jobs we can use Rest API's. So we should be able to make a REST API call to Job and schedule it either OS or third party scheduler

sgrande
sandeepgrande
Fluorite | Level 6

@ChandanKSAS  - 

I was looking for answers to same question. Unlike .sas files in 9.4 where is it stored on filesystem, SAS programs are stored as Viya Content inside Postgres . To call these Jobs we can use Rest API's. So we should be able to make a REST API call to Job and schedule it either OS or third party scheduler

sgrande
ChandanKSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Guys, now i know how to schedule the sas program/.sas file/job in Viya. You can schedule with the help of SAS Job Execution and SAS Environment Manager.