BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kgeorge130
Fluorite | Level 6

Just got SAS Viya 3.4 up and running; however running into a problem with Kerberos Delegation,  as it turns out our  seccurity policies will not allow delegation.  I have tried setting it up in firefox and  still getting the error when a user lntiates a session.  They can login with kerberos, however we cannont start sas studio session.  

Unable to create compute server session. Failed to launch process. Failed to launch process: host=uhhz-as-065v port=44183 ssl=true Server error: status=0x80BFD100 messages=[WARNING: The destination buffer size was not sufficient for the requested password., ERROR: Access denied.]

Getting this error, after studio starts up

Unable to create compute server session. Failed to launch process. Failed to launch process: host=******* port=44183 ssl=true Server error: status=0x80BFD100 messages=[WARNING: The destination buffer size was not sufficient for the requested password., ERROR: Access denied.]

Any work arounds with Viya if you cannot use kerberos delegation?

thanks

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
PraViN1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm facing issue from last two days on wards the error is attached below.

So kindly help us on priority very help full for us.

PraViN1_0-1631687048067.png

Regards

Pravin

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If this is a high priority issue then opening a track with SAS Tech Support is your fastest option.

PraViN1
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the update..!

This isn't priority let me know if any body does it before.

Pravin
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This doesn't appear to be the same message as that encountered in the original message for this posting, and appears to be Viya 3.5 instead of Viya 3.4.

The message indicates authentication is failing to the launcher server, so if you are using Kerberos to authenticate I would guess the issue is that the launcher server is not correctly configured to authenticate through Kerberos.

Here is the documentation for configuring the Launcher Server for Kerberos authentication:

Configure Kerberos for SAS Launcher Server
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/calauthmdl/n1pkgyrtk8bp4zn1d0v1ln4869og.htm#p182u...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer