BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
suprax1979
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello:

We're currently running SAS Viya 3.5 Studio 5.2 in a staging environment in my institution, and I've been having this issue using SAS Studio on Viya (doesn't seem to be happening elsewhere in Viya, like in Visual Analytics). After several minutes (it seems to be after 1/2 hour or less of being idle when I've noticed it, or after a long-running program has finished running, but not immediately when I first log in), I'll get this error message in SAS Studio:

"Error: Unable to connect to server. 404: error"

I try to refresh the Explorer pane, and I'll get the same error message. I've also tried resetting the SAS session, and I'll get this error message:

"Error resetting session."

The only way to get out of this is to log out and log back in again. But inevitably, the same issue will happen after I've had SAS Studio open for a while. We also run SAS 9.4M5 with Studio, and I have no similar issues there, just with Viya.

I'm not sure what other information might be helpful, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this issue?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This sounds like the type of problem best handled by SAS Tech Support as it is likely to require diagnosing SAS server logs. Please be aware that Community user experience with Viya is limited although that will change as migration to Viya ramps up.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation