BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Discaboota
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey guys,

I have been using SAS for a year now. Every time I execute a query, SAS log processing starts from 

73 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
and after that, the query starts executing and you can see that in the log. But for some time my log is starting from line 1 and end up at line 73 which is,
73 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
after that, I can only see warnings and errors SAS Log Error_1.pngSAS Log Error_2.pngexcept that no notes or general information is visible.
I am attaching a few screenshots.
Please help me with the process to correct my Logs.
15 REPLIES 15
Quentin
Super User

This looks very strange.  It's like somehow SAS Studio has things backwards.  I think it tries to hide the log from much of the "wrapper code" it generates.  In this case, it is showing you the log from the wrapper code but then hiding your own code.  This happens with every submission, even if you just code:

data want; 
 set sashelp.class;
run;

?

If you log out, close your browser, and then open it and log in again to start a fresh SAS session, you have the same problem?  

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Discaboota
Obsidian | Level 7

I am attaching the LOG for the query.
It has been like this for 3 weeks now. I tried these things but didn't work.
I am really looking for anything now just want to see my logs T_T

SAS LOG SAS_HELP.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of SAS Studio are you using? Looks like you need to change your SAS Studio preferences to see your entire SAS log.

Discaboota
Obsidian | Level 7
I am using SAS VIya 3.5
I tried changing my options but it didn't work.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a Tech Support track for this. They are in the best position to figure out what is going wrong for you.

ballardw
Super User

Question: What do you think NONOTES means as an option?

Discaboota
Obsidian | Level 7
As I can understand from context, it tells the log not to print/show any notes during query.
whymath
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
In line 72, "option nonotes nosource" almost prevent everything to print in log.
Discaboota
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi whymath,

I get the understanding of this but when I tried using OPTIONS NOTES, it didn't change anything in log. 

I have a question regarding this:

If Option nonotes nosource nosyntaxcheck prevent it from printing to log then should nosyntaxcheck also stop it from checking/printing the syntax error. If so it is printing the syntax errors.

Please help me how to put options in SAS if I am doing anything wrong to correct my code logs.

SAS LOG Syntax_Error.png

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your OPTIONS statement in line 73 is not one of the default statements SAS Studio sends with every submit; it is either part of your code or set in the individual Studio options.

Remove it, so you get a full log to help you in fixing your code.

Discaboota
Obsidian | Level 7
Hey Kurt,
Thank you for the reply.
It is not a part of the code, it is set by SAS.
I tried putting OPTIONS Command but it is not changing anything.
Can you help me with how to change my individual STUDIO options as other users do not have such problem with their log.
Quentin
Super User

It sounds like you have a repeatable problem that is effecting you, but not effecting your colleagues who use the same server.  I would suggest contacting SAS technical support for help.  They will know more about how Studio hides its log, and what might be going on to make Studio accidentally show its log (from the Studio wrapper) but hide your log (from the main code).

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

Please run the following code snippit in a fresh sas studio session and analise the log.

OPTIONS NOTES STIMER SOURCE SYNTAXCHECK;

title1 "OPTIONS NOTES STIMER SOURCE SYNTAXCHECK;";

proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=1);
   %put This is the procentput from the first proc print; 
   %put It executes with the options; 
   %put notes stimer source syntaxcheck;
run;

OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

title1 "OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;";

proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=2);
   %put this is the procentput from the second proc print;
   %put It executes with the options; 
   %put nonotes nostimer nosource nosyntaxcheck;
run;

title;

If you still think something is wrong after that then please copy and paste your logfile in an 'insert SAS code"-object in a post.