BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vikas_sc
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I am facing an issue with SAS Viya user activity report as SAS Job to update CAS audit data keeps on failing in SAS Viya 4. I have different types of user IDs which authenticate to SAS Viya. Most of them are just numbers and few are only characters. 

I am able to list the data from CLI, but it fails when data is being uploaded to CAS table (from CSV) for reporting.

NOTE: Active Session now server.
{rowsDeleted=0}
ERROR: The variable User ID has been specified with incompatible data types.

as per my initial investigation, I suspect this is because of the GUSSINGROWS function of SAS import. so it only considers first 20 rows (default) to decide the data type of a column. So if there are only number IDs in first 20 rows, it decides the data type as "double", but as there can be character user IDs also, the data type should be varchar and then, it fails with above error.

Is there a way to change this default value or anyone who has faced similar problem and was able to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vikas_sc
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response. This problem was later fixed in LTS2023.10 version of SAS VIya.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You'll probably want to engage SAS Technical Support on this. I don't see any options to change the job in that way, but perhaps you could modify the table separately.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
vikas_sc
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response. This problem was later fixed in LTS2023.10 version of SAS VIya.