BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nattyd
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I recently configured ESP for use in Viya and am now attempting to import events from a simple CSV, using a connector I've defined. The csv is stored under a directory in the project package. I've included the simple csv below. In the ESP Studio Modeler I created a Source Window. For the output schema I defined a single key column of 'id', corresponding to the single column included in the csv as a string column. I also defined a file and socket connector of fstype "csv" and used the file browser to select the proper csv file. When I run in Test Mode I get the following error: dfESPeventcodes::dfESPeventopcodes::string2opCode(): Failed parsing opcode: id.

If anyone could shed some light as to what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it as I'd like to import events using csv files!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbhattacharya
SAS Employee

Hi,

The error is because the connector expects the event opcode and flag in the data. 

Either you add "i,n," before each line in the data where "i" stands for insert opcode and "n" stands for normal event flag. Or you can set two properties in the connector All Properties section. The properties are "addcsvopcode" and "addcsvflags". I have added the sample xml snippet for those properties in the connector.

<property name="addcsvopcode"><![CDATA[true]]></property>
<property name="addcsvflags"><![CDATA[normal]]></property>

Also, I will suggest adding some data too to each event apart from the key when testing.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jbhattacharya
SAS Employee

Hi,

The error is because the connector expects the event opcode and flag in the data. 

Either you add "i,n," before each line in the data where "i" stands for insert opcode and "n" stands for normal event flag. Or you can set two properties in the connector All Properties section. The properties are "addcsvopcode" and "addcsvflags". I have added the sample xml snippet for those properties in the connector.

<property name="addcsvopcode"><![CDATA[true]]></property>
<property name="addcsvflags"><![CDATA[normal]]></property>

Also, I will suggest adding some data too to each event apart from the key when testing.

Hope this helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation