BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve a scenario name from an alerting_event by ID (alerting_event_id)

Can anyone help me to figure out what is the URL I should use? 

As an example, to retrieve an Alert I'm using /svi-alert/alerts/{alert_id} - what is the parallel URL for alerting activity?

There is no reference in the SAS API documentation. 

Thanks in advance,

Idan

6 REPLIES 6
Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

My request above is probably a bit confusing, but a simple question is how do I get "scenario_fired_event" data while I have an Alert_id through a REST Service?

I've tried  /svi-datahub/documents/alerts/{alert_id}/  while I should refer to another directory... Could anyone advise?

Thank you!

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Idanar,

I do not see the alerts endpoint documented in the Visual Investigator API doc. I'll run the scenario by the development team to see if they have any suggestions. I'll let you know what I find out.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee ,

Did you had a chance to check with the development team?

This is very crucial for us to be able to see the scenario(s) (or the greatest scenario by score) of an Alert, to be able to route the Investigation between the departments.

Thanks,

Idan

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi Idan,

Sorry for the delay. I chatted with someone in development and there is the /svi-alert/scenarioFiredEvents/{id} API endpoint; however, it's not a SAS published API, so there's not external doc for it.

I will take the scenario you have outlined and pass it by the team and see if there's an alternative. Thanks for your patience.

Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee ,

Did you get a chance to check it for us? 🙏

Thank you

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Idanar,

After checking with development, there doesn't seem to be a programmatic alternative to the API.

My suggestion is to log a suggestion in the SAS Product Suggestions page. This page just launched and is a way for SAS customers and users to make software requests and suggestions. Outline your use case and that you're requesting the API be made public. This will then go to development for consideration.

Thanks,
Joe