BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi SAS Users,

I am new to SAS VIYA and heard about integration of JAVA, R, Python etc.. to SAS. I would like to ask about outputs of R program going directly to SAS CASLib. I wanted to know what are the requirements if I have run an R program in a different server but I wanted the output of the R program to be accessed directly in VIYA without exporting and importing it to the VIYA server?

Can anyone make a suggestion? 

Thanks.

Albert0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Albert0 

I think you can try SWAT which is a client package that allows you to make connection to CAS server and perform CAS actions. You can find more details about it here.

https://github.com/sassoftware/R-swat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Albert0 

I think you can try SWAT which is a client package that allows you to make connection to CAS server and perform CAS actions. You can find more details about it here.

https://github.com/sassoftware/R-swat

Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Anand_V ,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand from reading the documentation that this will allow me to create an R program and run it in the VIYA Environment to produce result. What if I wanted to run my R program inside R Environment? Do I still need to install the client package in order for the R program to produce the output into VIYA Environment?

Thanks.

-Albert0

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
I think in order to process output in CAS (In-memory engine for Viya) you will have to assign a caslib which should be locally available data-source or DBMS. If the R server is separate box with no access to Viya I don't think you can load it into CAS with exporting it as data has to be loaded in memory for the processing.
Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Anand_V ,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I think I understand now.

Thanks.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Albert0,

You can find more resources on SAS and R integration on developer.sas.com/guides/r.There you'll find links to various integration points, related blog posts, and sample code.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl