BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
matthewlynch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All

I've had a look around the Viya community and can't see any posts on this topic so thought i'd ask a question...

Background

We've just had SAS Visual Analytics on Viya (8.2) commissioned in our organisation. We're intending to use this to replace our existing Visual Analytics (9.4 / 7.4) install.

The way we use VA is to surface reports using the report viewer in iFrames, and place these in an external web content management system which sits on a separate server within the same hosted environment (so VA = server1.example.com and CMS = server2.example.com). This works very well for the 9.4 environment. The only thing I had to do was to whitelist server2.example.com on the VA install to allow for cross-domain proxy, etc.

The issue

Having tried to undertake the same task with VA on Viya; I LOVE the fact that the report viewer now generates en embeddable iframe link directly within it which i can use to embed into the CMS - complete with perameters such as what menus to show, etc. So far so good.  However, the problem is that when I then try to make use of this link; I get a blank iframe.  In 9.4/7.4, I would at least get a SAS screen saying there was a problem, etc - but with 8.2 I get nothing at all.

Things i've tried

1) Embedding the link in another page (i.e. a handcrafted HTML file on my desktop) which has the same effect. 

2) Using the non-embeddable link and pasting this directly into the browser address bar (this works)

3) Using the non-embeddable link and using this in handcrafted iFrame code (doesn't work).

This is something i've done a LOT, so i'm sure that the iFrame code, etc are correct - no definitely not a basic HTML coding issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I'm getting a blank white iFrame instead of at least something SAS branded?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matthewlynch
Fluorite | Level 6

So the solution for this was a little hidden, but for anyone who may come across the same issue in the future, please read the "Embedding Externally" section in the following PDF:

https://support.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2018/2145-2018.pdf

You may also need to enable guest access!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
matthewlynch
Fluorite | Level 6

Quick update....

Having run inspector in FireFox to ascertain what kind of issue this may relate to, I get the following error:

Load denied by X-Frame-Options: https://server1.example.com/SASLogon/home does not permit cross-origin framing.

(I've changed the server name for obvious reasons).

So... this looks to me like SAS isn't whitelisting the CMS server (server2.example.com) - however, I thought I had done this correctly.

Looking at the "sas.crossproxydomain" definition; i've got a regular expression which matches the CMS server address (tested working using RegExr.com)

matthewlynch
Fluorite | Level 6

So the solution for this was a little hidden, but for anyone who may come across the same issue in the future, please read the "Embedding Externally" section in the following PDF:

https://support.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2018/2145-2018.pdf

You may also need to enable guest access!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation