BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FredrikHansson
Obsidian | Level 7

I had problems to schedule flows (https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Viya/Jobs-and-Flows-How-do-I-schedule-a-flow/m-p/853016#M1612), but that was resolved by installing a hotfix. Now when I schedule a flow it doesn't look like it's actually started on the specified time (or at all).

I scheduled the flow "Nattbatchen" to run at 01:00 every day. But I can see no trace of the job in the monitoring tab. When I right-click the scheduled flow and select "Execution history" it looks like this:

FredrikHansson_0-1674133264338.png

Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?

We are running Viya 2022.09.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

That is a good question! 🙂

I don't know the answer to this question but here is what i would do.

First try submitting a job that isn't that complicated to test and see if its the code that you are submitting that is causing the issue. Here is a simple program that will always work .

Proc print data=sashelp.cars;

run;

Put this code in a sas program and run it, then schedule it as a job and see if you are getting the same issue. If you are, then there is something wrong with the system(so maybe a bug). You will need to speak to your sas administrator to assist you.

If the code above works, then you know that the code you are executing is the issue and you need to figure out why but doing further testing.

Hope this helps.

Carmine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

That is a good question! 🙂

I don't know the answer to this question but here is what i would do.

First try submitting a job that isn't that complicated to test and see if its the code that you are submitting that is causing the issue. Here is a simple program that will always work .

Proc print data=sashelp.cars;

run;

Put this code in a sas program and run it, then schedule it as a job and see if you are getting the same issue. If you are, then there is something wrong with the system(so maybe a bug). You will need to speak to your sas administrator to assist you.

If the code above works, then you know that the code you are executing is the issue and you need to figure out why but doing further testing.

Hope this helps.

Carmine

FredrikHansson
Obsidian | Level 7

The error was in my flow. I started the flow with a time-event (wait for 01:00 = the same time the flow was scheduled to run) and that's where it stopped.

Now my biggest problem is that I can't find the embarrassed-emoji...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation