BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8
Hi there,

I'm stuck with a piece of code that always worked on SAS 9.4. It should import a complex hierarchical XML file automatically to several SAS datasets. I can read the xml file in a datastep without any problems. But using the xmlv2 engine combined with automap option gives an error. The code I'm trying is this;

filename xml_in filesrvc folderpath='/Users/myname/test/' filename='xml_in.xml';
filename xx_map temp;

libname xml_in xmlv2 xmlfileref=xml_in automap=replace xmlmap=xx_map; 
proc copy in=xml_in out=work;
run; quit;
The error;
ERROR: The AUTOMAP= option accesses files that are specified with either a physical location or associated with a fileref device type of DISK or TEMP only.

any ideas?

Cheers,
Frank

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@Frank_Boekamp ,

You must specify the physical location of an existing XML document with either the complete pathname, filename, and file extension, or with a file reference that is associated with the physical location for the DISK or TEMP device type only. The XML document must exist on disk.

AUTOMAP=

Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

Reading and writing XML is working fine using next code;

filename xml_in filesrvc folderpath='/Users/myname/test/' filename='xml_in.xml';
filename xml_out filesrvc folderpath='/Users/myname/test/' filename='xml_out.xml';

data test;
	length line $ 32676;;
	infile xml_in lrecl=32767;
	file xml_out_out;
	input line;
	put _infile_;
run;

Using  complete pathname, filename, and file extension in a filename statement seems not to work in SAS Viya. 

So I'm puzzled what to do with the libname statement with the automap option.

libname xml_in xmlv2 xmlfileref=xml_in automap=replace xmlmap=xx_map; 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation