BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
brianaullman
SAS Employee

Get a peek at the latest SAS Viya features in the next Youtube and LinkedIn LIVE SAS Viya Release Highlights show on Aug. 10 at 12 noon ET! Updates include chatbots in Microsoft Teams, real-time object detection on Docker and SAS model deployment into a container that can run on Azure, AWS or GCP. Stream through the YouTube link below or on the SAS LinkedIn page. See you there!

7 REPLIES 7
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi, @brianaullman,

Just to clarify, this is the same presentation as in https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Community-Events/Chatbots-in-Microsoft-Teams-Real-time-Object-Det... yes?

The above linked Event, for those who are interested, has a direct link to YouTube.

@brianaullman, a direct link to LinkedIn might be a nice value add on this post (hint, hint).  It's probably just as simple as going to LinkedIn and finding SAS, but a direct link is really helpful to lazy sloughs like me.  🙂

Jim

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @jimbarbour,

I'll chime in here. That is correct, this Community Event listing is the same event that @brianaullman is referencing above. And I hear you on the convenience of a direct link to the SAS LinkedIn Live event, but there's not one unfortunately. It is just a matter of going to the SAS LinkedIn page and finding the live video there. Here is the event promotion from the SAS LinkedIn page for reference.

Otherwise simply tune into YouTube and you'll get the same show. 🙂 "See" you there!

Anna 

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Thank you, @AnnaBrown.

One comment:  It's a tad blurry on LinkedIn, at least on my screen.

jimbarbour_0-1628611487200.png

YouTube is better albeit not completely sharp, again, at least on my screen.

Jim

brianaullman
SAS Employee
Thanks for letting us know, @jimbarbour - I hope this was resolved quickly! Thanks for tuning in to the show 🙂
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

@brianaullman

I just swapped over to YouTube.  Was anyone from the SAS Institute watching on LinkedIn?  I assume there would be someone who was watching in the same mode as a non-employee would have been.  What was their experience?  Maybe I just have a slow connection?  However, YouTube worked fine on that same connection.

Jim

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @jimbarbour,

Thanks for tuning into the show, in both locations! Yes, many SAS employees were watching right along with you. I asked around and the streaming speed between the LinkedIn and YouTube versions was about the same for them.

RE: the blurry view. Perhaps expanding your video window to full screen would help for next time. Speaking of, definitely subscribe to the SAS Users YouTube channel to get notified about the Sept. show!

Anna

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi, @AnnaBrown,

As I recall, I did use full screen, and I have a monitor attached to my laptop, so it's a fairly large display, but if no one else experienced it, then it must be something unique to my set up.

I look forward to September's presentation,

Jim

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation