BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fdsaaaa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

In the SAS Enterprise guide version 8.2 the documentation states:

In SAS Enterprise Guide, you can connect directly to a SAS 9 or SAS Viya workspace server.

Does this mean that you can successfully run SAS Enterprise guide if you only have SAS Viya? 

or do you still need a SAS 9 install.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@SASKiwi , @fdsaaaa ,

Yes, the OS level authentication will be used. I've connected to the server without any issues. Please do not forget that before you are trying to connect, you have to import CA Certificates into the Windows Trusted Root Certificate Authorities Store as described in Configure SAS 9.4 Clients to Work with SAS Viya.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've tested the direct connection of EG 8.2 to a SAS 9.4 Workspace server and it works fine. I don't have a Viya Workspace server to test though. I suspect the answer to your question is yes, but I'm not sure all of the EG tasks are compatible with Viya. If you are using EG primarily as a coding interface then I'm pretty sure this would be fine.

I'm sure SAS's EG experts can provide a more definitive answer.

fdsaaaa
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for this. As Viya has no metadata server I can't quite picture how the authentication works . Interested to hear from anybody else with knowledge on this . 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

My understanding is that authentication is at the OS level. As long as your user account can logon to the SAS Workspace server, a batch-type SAS session will be started automatically.

alexal
SAS Employee

@SASKiwi , @fdsaaaa ,

Yes, the OS level authentication will be used. I've connected to the server without any issues. Please do not forget that before you are trying to connect, you have to import CA Certificates into the Windows Trusted Root Certificate Authorities Store as described in Configure SAS 9.4 Clients to Work with SAS Viya.

fdsaaaa
Obsidian | Level 7

Great , thanks  . 

So EG  8.2 can connect to Viya workspace server . 

It does sound like you can run SAS Enterprise Guide solely with Viya then.