BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arianne_s
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to run proc surveyselect using CAS and am getting the following error message:

exceeded the maximum number of rows that can be read when simultaneously accessing multiple Cloud Analytic Services tables in the same session. The action cannot be processed while an action is active.

Has anyone come across this error and know what causes it? last week the same dataset worked, but this week it is failing... Last week it worked on datasets just over 1 million records, but this week its failing under 1 mill

3 REPLIES 3
debbiem
Fluorite | Level 6

I received the same error today.  Arianne, Did you find a solution to this error?

Kamion
SAS Employee

This error message usually means that submitted code contains language element that is not supported by SAS CAS server so code does not run on SAS CAS server and there is too much data to bring them to SAS Compute server. You can verify that code does not run on SAS CAS server by adding following line to code (options msglevel=i;) and checking created log.

Most probably there is CAS-enabled procedure equivalent to used SAS 9 procedure - you can search for existing CAS action in documentation: SAS Viya 3.5: System Programming Guide.

If you need further assistance with this issue, I recommend you to contact SAS Technical Support (support@sas.com).