BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

Yesterday, i deployed SAS Viya 3.4 on AWS linux instance successfully using mirror repository. And also successfully able to reset sasboot password & was able to login SAS Environment Manager successfully.

Today when I tried to access SAS Environment Manager using sasboot credentials but I'm not able to login SAS Environment Manager the error msg shown:
"404 Not Found The requested page could not be found"

FYI: All SAS Viya micro services are up and running. I restarted SAS Viya services couple of times but still having same error msg

Please advise

I also attached error msg screenshot.

Thanks,
Asif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Asif4862 ,

Section below from the deployment guide mentions that the URL expires 24 hours after the SAS Logon service restarts. So if you are using the same link, you will have to regenerate the password by restarting the service and then use the new URL.

Sign In as the sasboot User
Your SAS environment is deployed with an initial administrator account that is named sasboot. The password for this account has expired by default, so you must reset the password before you can sign in. Follow these steps:

Follow the instructions on the displayed web page to reset the password.
Note: If the URL has expired, go to /etc/init.d and run the following command:
sudo ./sas-viya-saslogon-default restart
Then go to the log and obtain the new URL. The URL expires 24 hours after the SAS Logon service restarts. For security purposes, the URL that is specified in a browser or in a text editor also expires, even if the password is not reset.

After you reset the password, SAS Environment Manager automatically opens in your browser.

Click the Yes button for all of the assumable groups so that you have the permissions to perform subsequent tasks.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Asif4862 ,

Section below from the deployment guide mentions that the URL expires 24 hours after the SAS Logon service restarts. So if you are using the same link, you will have to regenerate the password by restarting the service and then use the new URL.

Sign In as the sasboot User
Your SAS environment is deployed with an initial administrator account that is named sasboot. The password for this account has expired by default, so you must reset the password before you can sign in. Follow these steps:

Follow the instructions on the displayed web page to reset the password.
Note: If the URL has expired, go to /etc/init.d and run the following command:
sudo ./sas-viya-saslogon-default restart
Then go to the log and obtain the new URL. The URL expires 24 hours after the SAS Logon service restarts. For security purposes, the URL that is specified in a browser or in a text editor also expires, even if the password is not reset.

After you reset the password, SAS Environment Manager automatically opens in your browser.

Click the Yes button for all of the assumable groups so that you have the permissions to perform subsequent tasks.

Thanks!

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks @Anand_V for your help

Thank You Appreciated 🙂