BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
balbarka
Calcite | Level 5

Where would we find out if a cloud provider vulnerability is mitigated in SAS Viya Azure Pay-As-You-Go?

Specific to my scenario, I am running V.04.00M0P011723 and the vulnerability of concern is CVE-2023-29332, Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability.

I assume that the SAS Viya Azure Pay-As-You-Go managed version will not make this update automatically after restart. So would it be necessary to create a new managed deployment from azure market place once I confirm a newer release has this vulnerability mitigated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @balbarka -

Based on your installed version of SAS Viya, I believe you are running on AKS major version 1.24, which is not vulnerable to CVE-2023-29332:

You can confirm you AKS version in the Azure portal by navigating to your managed application and clicking on the "Parameters and Outputs" pane. At the bottom, you should see a value called kubernetesVersion in the outputs that shows the AKS version that was deployed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @balbarka -

Based on your installed version of SAS Viya, I believe you are running on AKS major version 1.24, which is not vulnerable to CVE-2023-29332:

You can confirm you AKS version in the Azure portal by navigating to your managed application and clicking on the "Parameters and Outputs" pane. At the bottom, you should see a value called kubernetesVersion in the outputs that shows the AKS version that was deployed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Rich

balbarka
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks @rich_sas ! Confirmed as described:
aks_version.jpg