BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
slg
Obsidian | Level 7 slg
Obsidian | Level 7

So, how do you get rid of this error to create the Azure Marketplace offer? As added information, the subscription form does not include payment methods. The final status check shows the information that was provided through the form is valid - but you end up with this error:
{
"status": "Failed",
"error": {
"code": "ResourcePurchaseValidationFailed",
"message": "User failed validation to purchase resources. Error message: 'Offer with PublisherId: 'sas-institute-560503', OfferId: 'sas-viya-on-azure' cannot be purchased due to validation errors. For more information see details.
}
}

Additional note: I do not have a service limitation on Az because I had deployed viya4 in this environment and obtained all the required machine count and vCPU and memory requirements when I did that deployment.

6 REPLIES 6
JoshuaLaMacchia
SAS Employee

Hi @slg, thanks for using SAS Communities!

I see in the json message:

message": "User failed validation to purchase resources. Error message: 'Offer with PublisherId: 'sas-institute-560503', OfferId: 'sas-viya-on-azure' cannot be purchased due to validation errors. For more information see details.

Would you happen to have what was included in the in those extra details?

UE
SAS Employee UE
SAS Employee
Hi @slg, thanks again for using SAS Communities!
It seems the full message you are getting could be this one:

{
"status": "Failed",
"error": {
"code": "ResourcePurchaseValidationFailed",
"message": "User failed validation to purchase resources. Error message: 'Offer with PublisherId: 'sas-institute-560503', OfferId: 'sas-viya-on-azure' cannot be purchased due to validation errors. For more information see details. Correlation Id: 'c5677544-3561-46e3-8b59-065992e47e49' The 'unknown' payment instrument(s) is not supported for offer with OfferId: 'sas-viya-on-azure', PlanId 'sas-viya-on-azure'. Correlation Id 'c5677544-3561-46e3-8b59-065992e47e49'.'"
}
}

do you confirm you have the correct type of subscription? Thanks.
slg
Obsidian | Level 7 slg
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes. This looks like the full message. I was experimenting on an Azure Pass subscription which I use for testing purposes. Could that be the problem? What type of accounts qualify?

Masaru
SAS Employee

Hi @slg, thank you for your Azure Pass Subscription information.

The thing you need for this is "be able to make a purchase" which you can find in here.

What is required to purchase and deploy SAS Viya?

Could you confirm that you can purchase products sold through Microsoft Azure Marketplace with your account?

Conor_H
SAS Employee

Please review the purchase validation checks that Microsoft documents here: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/azure-purchasing-invoicing#purchase-validation-checksh...

The most likely check failure would be that the subscription/billing account is not associated with a valid payment instrument (such as a valid credit card).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation